If you’re looking for a children’s pediatrics office in Bakersfield, check out Kern Pediatrics
What to do in the case of an emergency?
- It’s important to act decisively but calmly in the case of a medical emergency. Here are some of the most important steps to take:
- If your child is unresponsive, begin CPR and rescue breaths if your child isn’t breathing.
- Call 911 or your local emergency ambulance service.In cases of bleeding, apply continuous pressure to the affected area with a clean cloth.
- Avoid moving your child unless in immediate danger (like a fire).
- Place your child on the floor with her head and body turned to the side if they are having a seizure. Keep their mouth clear of any blockages.
- If your child takes any medications, be sure to bring it with you to the hospital so that the doctors treating your child are aware of it.
- Remember to also tell all doctors treating your child the name of your child’s regular doctor so that they can get a full picture of your child’s medical history.